Friday, March 10, 2006

Skype phone for MACs !!! Finally!

Finally, MAC users now have a functional Skype USB phone.

We just ordered this phone from Amazon (click on this link to order) and we will let you know the results. We have been using a Plantronics headphone but I'm just not comfortable having this thing on my head so we've rarely been online with Skype. Now, we can plug the phone into my iBook and just let it be until we have to perform an action... No longer will we receive a call and have to scurry to get the headset the phone will be close at hand. Yes, it has a cord. I'm happy it has a cord because then I know it is somewhere within a few feet of the computer rather than in the cockpit or perhaps up in the forepeak... You know how it goes...

Once you get the phone, just download the MAC driver from the manufacturer's web site. No problem according to the reviews we have read...