Sunday, May 10, 2009

Installing Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 (MAC)

We just received the Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 (MAC version) that we ordered from Amazon.com the other day when they had that killer sale!

Before installing I remembered to run DiskUtility and do a Verify & Repair Permissions. It had quite a few files to change the permission on from our new HP printer installation.

So, that done, I popped in the disk to install PSE6. I was surprised that it didn't automatically launch the installation, but there was a ReadMe file, so I read that. Didn't say much and it didn't say anything about how to install.

This is a screenshot of what appeared after inserting the CD:

Screenshot after inserting CD to install Photoshop Elements 6 MAC

I double-clicked on the folder with the stripe and the camera that says "Adobe Photoshop Elements 6" next to it and it gave me another directory.



I didn't want to mess things up, so I Googled for "problems installing elements 6 for mac" or something like that. That took a while trying to read this and that. (You may have a problem if you had previously installed a trial version, but this wasn't my case).

Seems like everyone has this problem. Why can't Adobe just give a simple "how to install" instructions?

I started to rant but I have spared you and deleted it :)

What it comes down to is, double-click on the "Setup.app" file and then read a book or take a nap. I think it took close to 30 minutes. I was getting worried that it had stalled and wondering what to do (the "progress" bar had just a teensy bit to go) when I heard the CD drive make a noise and the bar moved again and then after a couple of minutes it finished. HURRAY!

I launched the application and entered the serial number. I opened a psd file, made a change, did "Save for the web" and it worked finest kind.

Hope this helps.