SEE MORE RECENT 2008 INFO: here
Here is some information concerning the Dutch side of the island of St. Maarten / St. Martin.
Entering the Lagoon through the Dutch bridge. Dinghy dock for Port Authority and Customs & Immigration. Convenient for clearing in.
The John Sainsborough Lejeuz Bridge which is situated between Simpson Bay and the Lagoon.
- WINTER (December 1st through April 30th)
09:00am - Outbound, from the Lagoon
09:30am - Inbound
11:00am - Outbound, from the Lagoon
11:30am - Inbound
16:30pm - Outbound, from the Lagoon (4:30pm)
17:30am - Inbound (5:30pm)
- SUMMER (May 1st through November 30th)
09:30am - Outbound traffic from the Lagoon, has priorityDEPARTURE FEES:
11:30am - Outbound traffic from the Lagoon, has priority
17:30pm - Outbound traffic from the Lagoon, has priority (5:30pm)
Even though they are called "departure fees", they should be paid in advance, if possible. Please note that the fees are for one week OR a portion thereof... thus, if you are in the Lagoon for 10 days you pay for 2 weeks. Do so with a smile as they are nice people.
Prices are in US Dollars for one week, or portion of a week:
- $10: boats 9 to 14 meters in length
- $15: boats 14 to 20 meters in length
- $25: boats 20 to 28 meters in length
- $45: boats 28 to 36 meters in length
- $85: boats over 36 meters in length
- A bridge fee of $100 is charged to boats over 28 meters (90 feet) in length.
- There is a fee of $300 for special bridge openings between the hours of 6am and 6pm, regardless of the length of the vessel. This fee must be paid in advance.
- $2: for boats between 1 and 99 tons
- $5: for boats between 100 and 499 net tons
- $9: for boats 500 net tons or more
The Simpson Bay Lagoon Authority office is open every day (Monday through Sunday) from 8:00am to 12:30pm and 13:30pm to 17:00pm.
- Outbound traffic always precedes inbound traffic.
- They report that the bridge accommodates vessels with a maximum beam of 56.5 feet and a maximum draft of 20 feet. Also, when the bridge is closed there is reportedly 8.6 feet of clearance in one channel (port?) and 8-foot clearance in the other (starboard?) channel
- website: http://www.sxmlagoonauthority.com/
- Phone: +599 520-1103
- Fax: +599 544-4631
- Email: email@example.com
- VHF: 12