Friday, October 29, 2010

Kudos for Amazon.com

I'd like to say a big THANK YOU to Amazon.com. I'm really impressed with their service.
We've been reviewing previous episodes of The Shield in preparation to watching our new DVDs of the final series of The Shield, Season 7.

Well, about 3 minutes into the first show we get an error message "Skipping over damaged area".  It never recovers from this error and we have to Force Quit DVD Player. I pop the DVD back in and try to run it forward and it starts churning away... not good. Crash the program again and put in Disc 2.  Problems right off the bat with "Skipping over damaged area".

Oh my gosh... is my computer having problems?  Put in a DVD of a movie and that worked fine.  This morning I examined the DVD set and all four discs are defective with marks on them right out of the box.

I wrote to Amazon and explained that even though we purchased them in June 2009, we just opened the box last night and they are defective. Can we exchange them?

Within 5 minutes I had a reply. During this time they had ordered the series for me for free (total=$0.00), prepared an RMA form, and mailing label. Also, the replacement series is being sent before they receive my dead DVDs back.

UPDATE: When I looked at my email yesterday evening, I was again surprised to see that the order had been sent.  This all happened within 12 hours of my inquiry!

I am so impressed.  They get a gold star!


Thank you Amazon!

We only make a few pennies on purchases but everything helps and we appreciate it!