Sunday, July 03, 2011

Sunday in St Croix - STX

Well, at least it's not as rolly today. That's one positive thing I can say. It has been raining off and on for the past 3 hours though, so it looks like it will not be an epoxy day unless the weather dramatically changes for the good and does so soon.

I couldn't critique our friend's web site the other day because our internet service was too slow. (Like it is right NOW. It is taking forever to do this post. They must be using the Commodore 64 server this weekend and not the Atari 1040ST).

But, we did get to repair a few things... one of which was my portable fan. I really like this fan. It runs forever on 4 D-cell batteries. I have used it every night, all night for 2 or 3 months before changing batteries and Caframo claims 300 hours on one set of batteries. My problem was that one of the wires got disconnected. Bob soldered it and now it is finest kind!

Caframo Minimax

It is also very quiet and, like the other Caframo fans we use on the boat,

Caframo Ultimate (12 volts)

they stop spinning if you stick your finger or paw in the blades.  Willow gets fascinated with this from time to time :)

I like these fans because they are "fingersafe" and do not have a cage around the blades. Cages are a great trap for cat hair and are difficult to clean.