Sunday, June 16, 2013

Mark Twain's Adventure Quote ???

I was looking through the "More Joy Everywhere!" blog and I came across a different, less-frequently used quote from Mark Twain.

I agree with Jane, I'm really tired of "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." It is a nice bit from Mark Twain that I really like, but too frequently used in forum posts, email signatures, etc.... Bored now!

So I found this refreshing and also true...

"A real adventure is one that halfway through you wish you were home", Mark Twain

It's OK that Jane and Ean are getting out of cruising (see details about their catamaran for sale). They definitely get points for giving it a go and bonus points for leaving cruising as they don't enjoy it.

We still enjoy the cruising life and are looking forward to new adventures... but maybe not so much as the way described by Twain, please :)

Hmmmmm.... I've been trying to find the line quoted in the image above but can't find it in my internet searches. Thorton Wilde said "When you're safe at home you wish you were having an adventure; when you're having an adventure you wish you were safe at home".

So it goes...