Thursday, October 21, 2010

It's a Beautiful Day in Christiansted, St Croix

This morning when I stood up through the forward hatch to put our wifi antenna outside, I asked Bob for my camera because it was such a beautiful day... at least, so far at 7:45 am :)



I took this "snapshot" video with my funky little pocket camera. The quality kinda sucks but it should give you an idea :) We've had so MUCH rain (and more again yesterday) that today's sunshine was inspiring...

Yesterday, since it was raining, I worked on a new Amazon aStore for nautical greeting cards. Be sure to check it out for Christmas cards (yes, it's getting to be that time), calendars, and tree ornaments... We have lots of nautical & tropical cards to choose from so you don't have an excuse this year.  A real seasons greeting card means so much more than something received by email.

I read a sailing-oriented newsletter this morning which mentioned the kidnapped British cruising couple, Paul and Rachel Chandler, who are being held by Somalian pirates. Tomorrow, October 22nd, will be ONE YEAR!  How horrible that must be. Haven't heard anything about them in such a long time.

UPDATE: OCTOBER 24th. The BBC has a story about the Chandlers.

We had another bee come in and try our "killer" coffee.  They really go for this stuff.  Unfortunately, it was almost a full cup as I was waiting for it to cool down a bit... So It Goes...

Speaking of "It's a Beautiful Day" here are two songs I've listened to this morning...
Willow was playing on the bed tunneling under the blanket somewhat like a ferret.  Good thing we don't have a chainsaw! (and Bob is prudent and always removes the battery from the DeWalt circular saw).

Did you notice that yesterday was 2010-10-20 ??? I love bizarre numbers like that.

Hope we all have a beautiful day!

We only make a few pennies on purchases but everything helps and we appreciate it!

Who ordered the karaoke songs???
Thanks