Monday, March 08, 2010

Wintry weather in Christiansted St Croix USVI

Yesterday and today are quite unusual weatherwise. Time to break out the cocoa and SOCKS!  According to the weather service on the internet it was 67.6°F / 19.8°C last night. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr...


Perhaps it is my fault... I did a small load of laundry on Saturday afternoon. I hung it up on the lifelines and before they were quite dry, it started to lightly rain.  We had light rain all day yesterday, too.  Today is gray but it hasn't rained for a couple of hours so I think I'll hang up the clothes to finish them off in this strong breeze we are having.

About the laundry... This time I went to the laundramat near the Seaplane dock. Tie up your dinghy at Styxx though because it is really shallow over by the seaplane portion of the boardwalk and no place to lock onto, although I have seen dinghies just tie up with no locks there. The laundry wasn't as new and pristine as the one in Gallows Bay, but it is closer and nice enough. There were plenty of machines and the warm normal cycle only took 30 minutes. It had lots of water sloshing about, too.  The whole round trip took an hour at the most.

You can look at our PREVIOUS POST about Christiansted and read the section about laundry and check their location on our map.

Time for cup of coffee #3...