Saturday, August 01, 2009

MAC OS Snow Leopard

In this morning's email I received an announcement from Amazon.com about the soon to be released operating system from Apple... Fanfare please... SNOW LEOPARD...

Now, I don't really feel the need for a new operating system as what I have seems to work just fine on my MacBook and I don't plan on buying any new software in the near future that would require a new operating system.

But, maybe you'd like to check it out... It's only $29 which is a good deal...

This is what my Amazon email had to say:

Apple's most exciting operating system yet, Snow Leopard is now available for pre-order for just $29.

Available in September, Snow Leopard is a truly exciting addition to the Mac OS X line, with half the footprint of previous versions, great new features in Expose & Stacks, quicker Time Machine backup, and faster wireless network interaction.

Snow Leopard: Better. Faster. Easier.



Sometimes I long for my first notebook. It had 120MB hard drive which tells you how long ago that was... Plus it had Windows 3.0 and Word v6... How many of you remember that? One thing that was cool about it was that I could plug in an acoustic couple and send faxes. This was very helpful when we were in the Canary Islands, plus we got to help out many cruisers this way, too.

I could rant about how back in those days, we programmers were proud of writing the smallest, most concise code we could, instead of the bloated beasts you have nowadays... But we won't go there.

So, check out SNOW LEOPARD... Buffy & Willow like the name :)