Thursday, November 26, 2009

Must Have Thanksgiving Music : Alice's Restaurant Massacree

This is such a classic and I'm surprised we don't have it... Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant Massacree

"This song is called Alice's Restaurant, and it's about Alice, and the restaurant, but Alice's Restaurant is not the name of the restaurant, that's just the name of the song, and that's why I called the song Alice's Restaurant.... Now it all started two Thanksgivings ago, was on - two years ago on Thanksgiving, when my friend and I went up to visit Alice at the restaurant..." - Lyrics from Alice's Restaurant

Arlo Guthrie's Thought for The Day is:
"If they're only going to play one song of mine on only one day each year, it might as well be the longest one I wrote" - ADG

This album came out in 1967 and my brother had it recorded on reel-to-reel tape! I loved it then and I love it now.

You can buy Alice's Restaurant Massacree through Amazon.com's MP3 download... I just did.  It is only 89 cents and it is almost 16 minutes long... SUCH A DEAL!

Happy Thanksgiving!